Most of us don’t“guzzle” our facial moisturizer or eat our lipstick, but we might as well be. What we put ON our bodies, ends up IN our bodies---in fact about 70% of what you put on your body gets absorbed into your bloodstream. Its’ no wonder that most detox spas preach the motto “If you wouldn’t eat it, don’t put it on your body”. We love this motto and make it a goal to live by it as often as possible. Here is one of our favorite DIY (and its edible too!) beauty treatments:
Anti-aging Honey & Avocado Mask
- *1/2 avocado: moisturizes, softens skin and reduces inflammation.
- *1 tsp raw honey: high in antioxidants, which help slow down the aging process. Also clarifies skin by opening and unclogging pores.
- *1 tsp fresh lemon juice: contains citric acid, which cleanses and evens out skin tone.
- *1 TBSP ground flax seeds: contains lignans, which are anti-inflammatory and help promote healthy, glowing skin.
- Mash the avocado and mix in the honey, lemon juice and flax seeds. Apply liberally to your face and neck.
- Relax with the mask on for 15-20 mins
- Before washing off the mask, rub it around in gentle circles on your face. The ground flax seeds with gently exfoliate your skin.
Enjoy the afterglow of this yummy mask!